What is Soft Foot
Rotating machines are used in every industry, from Oil & Gas, to water and waste water and beyond. A vast array of machines ranges from Electric Motors, Pumps, Blowers, Engines, Gearboxes etc. HP Range from 10 hp to 10,000 hp +
- Bent machine foot
- Warped Baseplate / Soleplate
- Dirt on underside of foot, (grease, Paint etc.)
- Old Shims, bent, dirty
- To many shims
- Step Shims
- Degraded grout. (Baseplate / Soleplate)
- Overheating bearings
- Increased vibration
- Excessive bearing wear
- Seal leakage
- Coupling failure
- Bent shafts
- Clean the surfaces both the mounting surfaces and the underside of the component feet.
- Do NOT re-use old shims
- Use only new shims, maximum 4 shims.
- Only cut your own shims as last option.
- If a spacer plate is utilized, ensure its machined flat both sides.
- Re-Grout baseplate / soleplates
- Machine mounting surfaces co-planer, use RP686 as guide.